- Our nursery day is 8 am to 5 pm, with an evening club from 5-6pm.
- We are open for 48 weeks of the year. Please see Dates under the About Us menu for nursery closures.
- Fees at Wood St Nursery are payable monthly in advance. Monthly fees are annualised, which means the weekly fees are multiplied by 48 weeks per year and divided by 12 months per year to calculate your monthly charge/invoice amount. Therefore you will pay the same each month, regardles of how many days childcare you receive in any one given month.
- Fees are payable by bank transfer, including via all the following government schemes:
- Tax Free Childcare
- Help while you study
- Childcare vouchers – if you have already joined a scheme. Please check that this offers you best value, as some parents/carers have found Tax Free Childcare a better option instead.
- The nursery will be closed for bank holidays, and for 2 days a year to cover part of our staff training commitment. Normal fees apply for these days. Unfortunately, we also cannot offer refunds for holidays and sickness as we still have to pay our staff.
- If the nursery closes due to unforeseen circumstances for five days or less, normal fees will apply. If the closure extends beyond five days, the additional day’s closure will be refunded.
- We do not accept cash payments.
- Invoices are sent out on the 1st of the month and must be paid within 12 days. Receipts are sent out on the next working day after the 12th day of the month.
- If fees are not received by the end of the month, we add an administration cost of 10% to your bill, and reserve the right to refuse entry to your child from the first day of the following month.
- All places are inclusive of all meals, drinks, snacks, nappies and wipes.
- We do not offer a sibling discount.
- Fees will increase every year in April at least in line with inflation.
- In the event of an increase in fees we will give a minimum of 1 month’s notice.
- Please see the tables below for a full breakdown of fees.
- We add a £2 admin fee for every ad hoc session booked.
You may be able to get help to pay for your childcare costs through Tax Credit (a salary sacrifice scheme for working parents) or Universal Credit. To find out if you qualify, please telephone 0345 300 3900 or visit https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-credits
- We offer a mixture of full time and part time places. Our minimum offer is 3 days except for some FEEE (Free Early Education Entitlement) places.
- When you wish to leave Wood St Nursery we require a minimum of one month’s notice in writing to the managers. This can be by email.
- Wood St Nursery reserves the right to end a contract without notice in the event of non-payment of fees, if families are in arrears by more than one month.
- Wood St Nursery reserves the right to end a contract if parents or carers are not willing to work with staff and other outside agencies as deemed necessary when a child’s behaviour is compromising other children’s safety or if a parent/carer behaves in a threatening or abusive manner towards staff.
- If we are unable to continue to provide nursery care we will give one month’s notice in writing by email to parents/carers.
Once you accept a nursery place, we require a deposit of £100 within 3 working days to secure the place. This will be returned when you leave Wood St Nursery as long as you are not in arrears or breach of contract. If you are accessing a fully-funded place we will return the deposit a month after your first funded day. However, if you purchase hours in addition to your funded hours then your deposit will be returned when you leave Wood St Nursery as long as you are not in arrears or in breach of contract.
You can find more information on funding options by following the links:
The following detailed information is required by the LEA as part of our contractual agreement to provide FEEE places (more commonly known as 15 hours and 30 hours funded places)
Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
Some 2 year olds are entitled to free early education (FEEE) from the term after they are 2. This entitlement equates to 15 hrs per week spread over 38 weeks (570 hrs per annum). These hours are provided free of charge. Full details of this scheme can be found below.
Further details of the eligibility criteria and to apply for your eligibility code please visit www.walthamforest.gov.uk/freechildcare
All 3 years old, are entitled to 570hrs of free early education per annum from the term after they are 3. This can either be taken 15hrs per week spread over 38 weeks, when taken during school term time; or if you are also buying in extra hours, then 11 hours and 50 minutes per week when spread over 48 weeks per annum. We offer both options at this nursery, please see full details below. These hours are provided free of charge, but you will be charged and invoiced for any hours or services that you wish to purchase that are above the free entitlement.
NOTE: parents/carers who only wish to take up their FEEE hours only do not incur any monthly payable fees, unless you wish to purchase additional childcare hours.
You may be entitled to the extended entitlement for working families. This can either be taken 30 hrs per week spread over 38 weeks, when taken during school term time, or 23 hours and 45 minutes per week when spread over 48 weeks per annum. We offer both options at this nursery. These hours are provided free of charge. You will be charged/invoiced for any hours or services that you wish to purchase that are above the free entitlement.
Please ensure you obtain your code for this extended entitlement before your extended FEEE can be offered by the nursery. Use the following link to check your eligibility and find out more information.
Full details of this scheme can be found below.
- Families who want to take up their child’s Universal (15 hours) Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
We only offer one option for 2 year old children who are entitled to the universal FEEE offer of 570 free hours per annum. Children take 15hrs per week over 38 weeks per annum during school term time. Children can attend 5 x 3 hour sessions per week. Session times are 10am to 1pm. We will be able to advise regarding availability of these fully funded 15 hrs places.
For 3 year olds entitled to the universal FEEE offer there are two options:
- Children can take 15 hrs per week over 38 weeks per annum during school term time. This will be 3 x 5 hour sessions per week. Session times are 9am to 2pm. We will be able to advise regarding availability of these fully funded 15 hrs places, and which days are available.
- Children can take 11 hours 50 minutes over 48 weeks, but parents/carers must purchase additional hours per week and attend for a minimum of 3 days in order to be offered this option.
Please note children become eligible for the free early education entitlement the term after their 2nd or 3rd birthday.
2. Families who want to take up their child’s Universal and Extended (30 hours) Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
For 3 year olds entitled to the universal and extended FEEE offer there are two options:
- Children can take 30 hrs per week over 38 weeks per annum during school term time. This will be 5 x 6 hour sessions per week. Session times are 8am to 2pm. We will be able to advise regarding availability of these fully funded 30 hrs places.
- Children can take 23 hours 45 minutes over 48 weeks, but parents/carers must purchase additional hours per week and attend for a minimum of 3 days in order to be offered this option.
Fees are payable in all cases of nonattendance for any reason. This is to cover all ongoing overheads.
Fees will normally be reviewed annually which will usually fall in April.
We will require families to sign a contract agreeing to Terms and Conditions at Wood St Nursery. This contract lasts for the duration of your child’s time at Wood St Nursery, unless you change your contracted hours, when an amended contract will need to be signed.
Non-payment of fees
If you fail to make any payment in full by the due date we reserve the right to charge interest at 2% above the bank of England base rate and if you are in arrears for more than 14 days we reserve the right to refuse entry to your child/ren.
When parents or carers are repeatedly late even by a few minutes it can be stressful for children and staff. Repeat late collectors will be charged £10 for every 15 minutes or part thereof.
For those who are studying, you may be entitled to funding from the provider to help pay towards your child’s fees. We would need written confirmation of this before guaranteeing your place. Families will be liable to pay the fees until such arrangements have been agreed and confirmed.
Help Paying for Childcare
You may be able to get help to pay for your childcare costs through Tax Credit or Universal Credit. To find out if you qualify, please telephone 0345 300 3900 or visit https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-credits
If you qualify for support, you will be liable to pay the fees until such payments have been agreed upon and confirmed.