Our opening hours are 8am to 6pm.
We are open for 49 weeks of the year; we will be closed for one week between Christmas day and New Year’s Day, and two weeks at the end of August.
The nursery will also be closed for bank holidays, and for 2 days a year to cover part of our staff training commitment. Normal fees apply for these days. Unfortunately, we also cannot offer refunds for holidays and sickness as we still have to pay our staff.
If the nursery closes due to unforeseen circumstances for two days or less, normal fees will apply. If the closure extends beyond two days, the additional day’s closure will be refunded.
- Fees at Wood St Nursery are payable monthly in advance. Monthly fees are annualised, which means the weekly fees are multiplied by 49 weeks per year and divided by 12 months per year to calculate your monthly charge/invoice amount. Therefore you will pay the same each month.
- Fees are payable by bank transfer,
including via all the following government schemes:
- Tax Free Childcare
- Help while you study
- Childcare vouchers – if you have already joined a scheme. Please check that this offers you best value, as some parents/carers have found Tax Free Childcare a better option instead
- We do not accept cash payments.
- Invoices are sent out on the 1st of the month and must be paid within 10 days. Receipts are sent out on the next working day after the 10th day of the month.
- If fees are not received by the end of the month, we reserve the right to refuse entry to your child from the first day of the following month.
- All places are inclusive of all meals, drinks, snacks, nappies and wipes.
- We do not offer a sibling discount.
- Please see the fees table below for a full breakdown of fees.
- Fees will increase every year in April in line with inflation.
- In the event of an increase in fees we will give a minimum of 1 month’s notice.
Nursery Fees: Monthly
|0-2 year olds||2-3 year olds|| 3-5 year olds |
with 30hrs funding
| Part time 2.5 days 2 full days + one half day |
or a mixture of morning and
|Part time 3 days||£920.00||£785.00||£183.00|
|Part time 4 days||£1228.00||£1047.00||£444.30|
|Full time |
Monday to Friday 8.00am-6pm
|Full time / early collection Monday to Friday 8.00am-5pm||£1379.00||£1099.00||£573.00|
| Additional session rate |
Morning 8.00am -12.45pm
Afternoon 1pm -6pm
Nursery Fees: Weekly
This is for comparison purposes only. Fees are payable monthly only.
|0-2 year olds||2-3 year olds||3-5 year olds |
with 30hrs funding
|Part time 2.5 days 2 full days + one half day |
or a mixture of morning and
|Full time Monday to Friday 8.00am-6pm||£375.00||£299.00||£172.80|
| Full time / early collection |
Monday to Friday 8.00am-5pm
|Additional session rate |
Morning 8.00am -12.45pm
Afternoon 1pm -6pm
- We offer a mixture of full time and part time places. Our minimum offer is 2.5 days except for some FEEE places.
- When you wish to leave Wood St Nursery we require a minimum of one month’s notice in writing to the managers. This can be by email.
- Wood St Nursery reserves the right to end a contract without notice in the event of non-payment of fees, if families are in arrears by more than one month.
- Wood St Nursery reserves the right to end a contract if parents or carers are not willing to work with staff and other outside agencies as deemed necessary when a child’s behaviour is compromising other children’s safety or if a parent/carer behaves in a threatening or abusive manner towards staff.
- If we are unable to continue to provide nursery care we will give one month’s notice in writing by email to parents/carers.
Once you accept a nursery place, we require a deposit of £100 within 3 working days to secure the place. This will be returned when you leave Wood St Nursery as long as you are not in arrears or breach of contract. If you are accessing a fully funded place we will return the deposit a month after your first funded day. However if you purchase hours in addition to your funded hours then your deposit will be returned when you leave Wood St Nursery as long as you are not in arrears or breach of contract.
We offer a settling-in process based on your child’s needs and your circumstances. We provide 6 two-hour sessions for free to help your child settle into nursery before you begin paying for your place. To meet the needs of your child you will need to do several more short days for them to transition to nursery life, before they can be left for their full sessions. We tailor this to individual children’s needs. Please see the settling-in policy for more details.
When we allocate places at Wood St Nursery we will take into account the order of registration, but also the match between what individual families need and what we have available. For example, we have a limited number of places in each age group but highest demand for under-2s. Therefore it is possible you may remain on the waiting list whilst another family who registered after you are offered a place.
You can find more information on funding options by following the links:
The following detailed information is required by the LEA as part of our contractual agreement to provide FEEE places (more commonly known as 15 hours and 30 hours funded places)
Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
Some 2 year olds are entitled to free early education (FEEE) from the term after they are 2. This entitlement equates to 15hrs per week spread over 38 weeks (570 hrs per annum) when taken during school term time or 11.5 hours per week when spread over 49 weeks per annum. These hours are provided free of charge. Full details of this scheme can be found below.
Further details of the eligibility criteria and to apply for your eligibility code please visit www.walthamforest.gov.uk/freechildcare
All 3 years old, are entitled to 570hrs of free early education per annum from the term after they are 3. This can either be taken 15hrs per week spread over 38 weeks, when taken during school term time, or 11.5 hours per week when spread over 49 weeks per annum. We offer both options at this nursery, please see full details of the options below. These hours are provided free of charge. You will be charged and invoiced for any hours or services that you wish to purchase that are above the free entitlement.
NOTE: parents/carers who only wish to take up their FEEE hours only do not incur any monthly payable fees, unless you wish to purchase additional childcare hours.
You may be entitled to the extended entitlement for working families. We only offer this entitlement over 23 hours per week spread over the 49 weeks per annum. These hours are provided free of charge. You will be charged/invoiced for any hours or services that you wish to purchase that are above the free entitlement.
Please ensure you obtain your code for this extended entitlement before your extended FEEE can be offered by the nursery. Use the following link to check your eligibility and find out more information.
Full details of this scheme can be found below.
- Children who only want to take up their Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)- Parents/carers are not able to purchase additional hours with this option
We only offer one option for children who are entitled to the universal FEEE offer of 570 free hours per annum. Children take 15hrs per week over 38 weeks per annum during school term time. Children can attend 3 x 5 hour sessions per week. Sessions times are 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm. Please let us know which 3 sessions you require, and we will be able to advise regarding availability for the hours that you require.
Those children entitled to the extended FEEE offer of 1140 free hours per annum. Children can take 23hrs per week over 49 weeks per annum. Children can attend 3 x 5 hour sessions (8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm) per week, plus 2 x 4hr sessions (1pm to 5pm) per week.
- Children can take up their Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) over 49 weeks, but parents/carers must purchase additional hours per week and attend for a minimum of 2 ½ days in order to be offered this option.
See table 1 and 2 below for delivery options
Please note children become eligible for the free early education entitlement the term after their 2nd or 3rd birthday.
Fees are payable in all cases of nonattendance for any reason. This is to cover all ongoing overheads.
Fees will normally be reviewed annually which will usually fall in April.
We will require families to sign a contract agreeing to Terms and Conditions at Wood St Nursery. This contract lasts for the duration of your child’s time at Wood St Nursery, unless you change your contracted hours, when an amended contract will need to be signed.
Non-payment of fees
If you fail to make any payment in full by the due date we reserve the right to charge interest at 2% above the bank of England base rate and if you are in arrears for more than 14 days we reserve the right to refuse entry to your Child/ren.
When parents or carers are repeatedly late even by a few minutes it can be stressful for children and staff. Repeat late collectors will be charged £10 for every 15 minutes or part thereof.
For those who are studying, you may be entitled to funding from the provider to help pay towards your child’s fees. We would need written confirmation of this before guaranteeing your place. Families will be liable to pay the fees until such arrangements have been agreed and confirmed.
Help Paying for Childcare
You may be nable to get help to pay for your childcare costs through Tax Credit or Universal Credit. To find out if you qualify, please telephone 0345 300 3900 or visit https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-credits
If you qualify for support, you will be liable to pay the fees until such payments have been agreed and confirmed.